easing the transition home
Postpartum Doula Support
helping you focus on the important things
Our doulas are happy to assist you as you adjust to life with a newborn.
Many new parents are unsure what a Postpartum Doula is or does, exactly. Often they are more familiar with terms such as baby nurse or night nanny. But our doulas are all that and more. They are your grandmothers, Mary Poppins, and the most up-to-date baby book all wrapped up in one package, tied with a non-judgmental string.
Your Postpartum Doula can…
- Support you with feeding
- Answer questions about normal newborn behavior and development
- Answer questions and suggest resources for your own recovery
- Light meal preparation
- Light housekeeping such as laundry, dishes, and tidying
- Help you to get adequate sleep
- Connect you with community resources